Sébastien Taché and his girlfriend had to suffer through a couple of bed bug infestations to get the inspiration to start their side hustle business - Bed Bugs SOS. It started in an apartment in Montreal, Canada, when after having to go through the stress and upheaval of getting their apartment free of bed bugs.
Michael Suggs spent years as a supervisor for local mechanic shops and woodturning was just a hobby. He finds it exciting to create items that are all unique because even though the shape might be the same, the grain from the wood is always slightly different.
He still has a full-time job, a large family, and belongs to the Patriot Guard Riders and Christian Motorcyclists Association. None of this stops him from creating custom gifts from his ´hobby´ turned side hustle. On his Facebook page you can see wooden boxes, custom pens, wooden urns, mortar and pestle, cell phone amplifiers and many other gorgeous items.
Michael was used to building things, but had no formal training in woodwork other than a couple of classes in the local community.
Michael Hyland has a business creating custom pens that sell for as much as $329 each and it all started with a woodworking class in middle school where he made a couple of pens. He would later go on to learn new skills and make roller pens and fountain pens out of wood and acrylic. He has gone from making a couple of pens in class, to setting up a workshop and online ecommerce store, as well as selling via retail partners.
- The idea from his business came from a class he took in middle school.
- It was years before that idea turned into a business.
- He started in the basement of his house.
- He enjoyed the woodworking class.
- A friend requested a custom pen for her graduation and her excitement was "...a really big driving factor for me to start a business."
- Is there a hobby you enjoy that you could turn into a business?
Footweardeal.com offers top name brands like Nike, Adidas, Reebok, FILA, Converse etc. You can buy in wholesale lots or choose a dropshipping option if you want them to send direct to the buyer.
Cambly pays you per minute for chatting to people from all over the world. You don't need experience and you don't have to be a qualified teacher. Log in, see if anyone is available to talk, start chatting and get paid.
As a tutor you have to create a quick introduction video that users will be able to see when choosing which teacher to work with. Cambly has a mobile app where user can access your details and see if you are online. Which means if you find yourself at home with a few hours to fill, you can show yourself as active and let students know you are available to talk.
AudibleYoga.com gives teachers the opportunities to earn money by selling recordings of their classes. It gives you the opportunity to create another stream of income targeting those students who no longer need to watch the videos, but still want an audio guide while they are going through their yoga routine.
To start earning money with yoga audio lessons, you need to create a teacher profile on the website and upload a demo yoga class. This demo is given away as a free class, but you will still get paid when it is streamed or downloaded.
Users can search for audio yoga classes by teacher, style, level, duration and purpose. You can create audio yoga files to help clients with different issues including:
- Weight loss
- ....and many more
Ways to Earn
- Referral payments from subscribers.
- Royalties for any classes that are downloaded.
- Payments are sent after the 30th of each month to your PayPal account.
Alamy allows contributors to upload photos and illustrations for sale on their website, with a generous 50/50 commission split. Students get 100% of the commission from their sales for two years from when they sign up! Once you upload your images to Alamy you can also choose to distribute it on their network to access millions of potential buyers throughout the world.
You can upload different types of images to Alamy:
- Newsworthy photos (have to be uploaded within 24 hours of event)
Uploading is done using the website uploader or FTP.
- Minimum 6MB image
- Photos must be in JPEG format
- Uncompressed file size of over 17MB
- Photos must be taken with DSLRs or equivalent
- Model release form if you have people in your photos
Check their quality control document to see what you need to avoid to prevent your photos getting rejected: http://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-qc-failure-reasons.pdf
- Vectors must be in EPS format
- Payments are sent at the beginning of each month if you have at least $50 in your account.
- Get paid in Euros, Dollars or UK Pounds.
- Payments made direct to bank account, via PayPal or Skrill.
Alorica At-Home Agents help clients with a variety of tasks that can include answering calls, sales and marketing, or helping customers with queries. They provide training and offer payment on a per call, per minute, or fixed rate basis. As an Alorica agent you will get free training, a flexible schedule and medical and dental benefits.
Alorica offers two types of training to employees which is paid at an hourly rate:
- In a virtual classroom with instructor led training.
- Computer based training which is a self-paced course you do yourself.
Employees are paid according to different schedules which might include:
- Payment per minute
- Payment per call
- Guaranteed hourly rate
Payments are made on a bi-weekly basis via direct deposit or pay card.
- Online application form.
- Job Fit Assessment to see which role you are best suited to - sales, technical or customer service.
- Behavioral Assessment.
- Additional screenings for successful applicants including background checks.
Alorica has at-home agents throughout the US and you can verify if the opportunity is available in your state by filling out their application form.
To apply for Alorica call center or customer service positions you will need:
- To be 18 or over High school or GED
- To be able to work at least 10 hours a week.
- Basic computer skills.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus
>>> Aloricaathome.com <<<
AHP (American Homeowner Preservation) offers investors the chance to participate in impact investing because they buy distressed mortgages then work with homeowners to offer them a plan to stay in their homes. Their goal is to help prevent people losing their homes while offering investors a way to make a social impact with their investments. You can invest in AHP from just $100 and participation is open to both national and international investors.
Alfuenta is a P2P crowdlending platform open to Argentina nationals or residents. They claim you can get returns of up to 43%, and use the same structure as other P2P platforms rating loans from AA to F to classify the risk level of the loan.
As an investor you have the option to select each investment manually, or you can define your lending criteria and let the system choose the loans automatically for you. If at any point you want to withdraw all of your funds from Afluenta, you can sell any outstanding loans you have to other investors.
Each month capital and interest payments are made and you can choose to reinvest in other loans (minimum $1000), or withdraw the funds.
There is also a referral program where you received $500 for each new client you recommend that signs up with Afluenta.
If you want to invest with Afluenta you have to:
- Be Argentinian or resident with a DNI number
- Be over 18
- Have a bank account, email and mobile number
- Invest a minimum of $5000
- Justify where the funds for your investment came from
Afluenta also operates in Mexico with an average return of 23.1% and at the time of writing was developing platforms for the following countries:
>>> www.Afluenta.com <<<