Stencyl lets you build games, without any coding, which can be published on any mobile or desktop platform - iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux & Flash. You can start with a free account that lets you publish to the web and if you decide to publish to the mobile platforms it is only $197 per year. No monthly fees and no royalty payments to Stencyl.
When my son first looked at the website he was not impressed (16-year old used to the latest Xbox graphics), however, when he saw how popular some of their games were, he took more of an interest in its money-making potential! So before you dismiss it for being too simple, or thinking the graphics are not good enough, give it a chance and look at what other people have done with it.
- Starter - free and lets you publish to the web
- Indie - $99 per year and lets you publish to web and desktop
- Studio - $199 per year and lets you publish to web, desktop and mobile platforms
Stencyl takes no royalties from any sales you make so you keep 100% of the profit and they make no claims on ownership of the games. You can make money from your game in a number of ways:
- Charge for it on AppStore, Google Play, Steam or other alternative stores.
- Offer it for free with in-game purchase options for upgrades.
- Embedded ads.
- Sponsorship from companies like Kongregate, Armor Games, Newgrounds etc.